Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program
- Twin island nation state in the Eastern Caribbean
- One of the Caribbean’s most prosperous nations
- Major language: English
- Area: 442 sq km
- Population: 95,000
- GDP: USD 2.4 bil
- GDP per capita: USD 26,300
- Tourism continues to dominate the economy of Antigua and Barbuda, accounting for 60% of GDP and 40% of investment
Passport of Antigua and Barbuda allows visa free access to over 150 countries, including the UK, Schengen countries, Hong Kong and Singapore. Being a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda, one can profit from zero tax on worldwide income.
There are two main ways of acquiring the citizenship:
– Contribution to the National Development Fund (NDF) of USD 100,000 for a family of 1-4; USD 125,000 for family of 5 or more;
– Investment in Real Estate projects pre-approved by the Government of at least USD 400,000, to be held for at least 5 years. Alternatively, two related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of USD 200,000 in order to qualify.
Investment in Government pre-approved business, either independently or as a joint investment. If as independent investment: at least USD 1,500,000. Alternatively, as a joint investment where each person invests min. USD 400,000 (with a total investment min USD 5,000,000).
A contribution to the University of the West Indies Fund. Only permitted for families of at least six members, USD 150,000 (this includes government processing fees for a family of six).
The above-mentioned fees (except contribution to the University, which includes processing fees) do not include the following additional administrative fees: Processing fee USD 30,000 (for a family of 1-4) plus USD 15,000 for any additional person; Due diligence fee of USD 7,500 for principal applicant, USD 7,500 for a spouse (there is no due diligence fee for children under 12 years old; USD 2,000 for children aged 12-17 and USD 4,000 per dependent 18 and over); USD 300 passport fee per person; USD 17,500 for licensed agent fee. Overall – additional USD 63,700 for a family of 4 with children under 12 years old.
The passport is acquired in approximately 3 – 4 months.
Moderate due diligence process.
- Visa free access to over 150 countries (Schengen area, the UK, Singapore and Hong Kong);
- Personal security (comfort and security in the event of political and social upheavals);
- Single investment covers an entire family of 4;
- Zero tax on the internationally earned income and solid asset protection laws;
- Ranked as number one program in the Caribbean region and number four worldwide;
- No language test;
- Negligible minimal stay requirement (5 days over 5 years).
- Citizenship is not open to the nationals of Afghanistan, North Korea, Somalia, Yemen and Sudan, Iran and Iraq unless they satisfy very strict conditions.